cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Donegal border region - can only connect to NI networks

DanielM3232
Newcomer

Hi folks, hope someone can help.

As per the title, I live in Donegal on the border to NI and can't pick up any networks that aren't all UK. Any suggestions? Open to anything as it constantly shows that I'm roaming.

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You mean you can't see and connect to 48 at all?

Even if you do a manual search for networks?

Note that it will always show that you're roaming even when you're connected to the 48 network.

That's just how MVNO "virtual" networks such as 48 work.

Do you know any other 48 users in your vicinity to see if they can connect ok?

If you can't connect to 48 and can only connect to NI networks then you may need to contact 48 support for further assistance.

See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

When I manually search I only get vodafone, o2, 3, but all are listed as UK. I'm unable to connect to data or anything without having to activate roaming in settings. An odd one for sure but I'll give the email a try

Seems odd alright. Were you ever able to get 48 on that phone in your area or away from the border?

Any other 48 users in your area?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I've only received the sim today and haven't had a chance to test it fully bar the usual outside and indoor tests. No other 48 users from my knowledge but the other Three IE users in this household get a usable signal