cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data working when roaming but not for internet

RebeccaM5974
Newcomer
Hi all, have tried to search but haven’t had much luck. Have just signed up to 48. We have data on, at home in Ireland all works fine. When roaming (Spain and uk) we can see data and send what’s ap etc but cannot go on the internet. Any idea what we are missing? It says Could not Activate - you are not subscribed to a mobile data service. Any ideas? Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3

RebeccaM5974
Newcomer
Sorry my son just said he can’t use what’s ap but can see 3G up in corner. It’s an iPhone 8. Thanks!

Unfortunately, roaming data, and sometimes roaming altogether, is not working for many people lately and there are many threads about this on the forum.

You can try the advice in this thread, but there's no guarantee that it will help you.

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/The-Roaming-Troubleshooting-Guide/ta-p/52179

If it doesn't then you could try contacting 48 support but, again, others have had no success in doing that.

To contact 48 support see the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Appreciate the reply thank you. Disappointing to hear! Will give it a go anyhow. Thanksc again.