cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card not working in router...

BarryM2759
Visitor

I got a new card for a 4g router, which had been using a Virgin Sim card successfully.

I activated the new 48 card and seem to be on a bundle (1 gig free?) so can't purchase membership yet.  I assume I have to wait the 6 days, or until I use the 1 gig.

But when I insert the 48 card in the router, it is not recognised 'Card invalid or no card found' is the error message.

Is there anything else I need to do to get the card working?

Thanks.

Barry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Only other thing that I can think of is to put the SIM in a phone and disable SIM PIN locking there and then put it in the router and switch it on and see if it recognises it then.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

13 REPLIES 13

Yes, I see that, but I don't see any option to unset SIM Lock, even when I am set up correctly..

Ah well, working now at least.

Now to check with support about this bundle issue!

@BarryM2759 wrote:

Yes, I see that, but I don't see any option to unset SIM Lock, even when I am set up correctly..

Ah well, working now at least.

Now to check with support about this bundle issue!

No, there won't be an option to disable SIM PIN locking in the router admin interface, but there should be an option to enter the PIN for a SIM that has SIM PIN locking enabled.

But you seemed to be saying earlier that you couldn't even get into the router admin interface when the SIM had PIN locking enabled? That seems very strange as you should be able to get to it even if that's the case or even if there's no SIM installed at all.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I agree, you would think there would be that facility, but I certainly couldn't find it.  Could be just me!