cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked from roaming

EoinO9087
Newcomer
I'm on holiday in France. Data was working fine until a few days ago, I got a text saying I'd used up all the data in my current membership. I had used 4.62 GB roaming, and that text came on the last day of my billing period. Next day a new billing period started and is paid for, but I still cannot access roaming. Chat support weren't able to help. I can call and text. No settings changed on my phone. Why is 48 blocking me from using data I've paid for?
3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Nobody here on the Community Forum is going to be able to assist with this. 

Only 48 support are in a position to explain and hopefully fix it. 

You'll have to persist in dealing with them.

If you need to make a complaint then see the links in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I emailed support. So far, all they tried was telling me to reset APN, toggle airplane mode, etc. Same as chat support said. They don't seem to get this was working until 48 blocked roaming, saying I'd used all my allowance when I hadn't. I'll be back in Ireland before they resolve this. I'll have to wait and see if I get roaming back next time I go abroad.

Sorry to hear that you're not getting any satisfaction with support.

I also reported an issue to them recently (the fact that texting "APN" to 50048 returns "(Error#701): ServerBusy" every time) and they insisted on talking about other stuff unrelated to that and asking me for account info when this is nothing to do with any account but a problem with their APN settings server. Very frustrating.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.