Re: 3G (2G) data roaming only

Newcomer
‎22-08-2021 12:13 AM
@AnthonyL0739 I am having exact same issue in The Netherlands this week. My 48 SIM has connected to Vodafone network but no 3G, only 2G/E after 2 days. Extremely annoying. Will probably be switching networks since 48 cant seem to conquer EU roaming.
Posted from Apple iPhone
1 Like

Newcomer
‎22-08-2021 09:15 AM
@demz I was looking at Vodafone and they have a PAYG sim for €20 top up each month unlimited calls and texts to any network and 20gb of data, I’m going to get that when I get home and use it while aboard again, 48 works fine for me at home for the most part, was getting no service appearing a month ago a few times but seemed to work itself out again. I’m seriously considering contacting comreg to see can this be investigated, there’s something definitely iffy going on with 48 regarding roaming, and theres too many of these threads to ignore that there’s an issue .
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Likes

Newcomer
‎14-09-2021 08:43 AM
I just read here that 4G services are NOT available while in EU/UK.

It's in the bullet points.

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/The-Roaming-Troubleshooting-Guide/ta-p/52179
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes

Newcomer
‎05-10-2021 10:05 AM
@SeanC3754 Yes I am aware of that, however reading other posts by users they say EU Networks don’t support 3G anymore, so 48 aren’t admitting any issue with their service, clearly there is, talking with agents they will tell you 4G is available to you, I’ve been back to Germany in September same issue no 3G connectivity, I used a Vodafone PAYG sim with unlimited data ( restricted to 10mb speed) to get me through. 48 works fine at home which is why I’m staying with them.
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community