Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback Group - Members Wanted!

48_Retired
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

Hi there,

Want to tell us your thoughts on 48? We need YOU to join our Feedback Group! If you're interested, post here to let me know and I'll add you to the group.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Thanks,
Sheena
Community Manager

47 REPLIES 47

Hi @dalyer, I've updated the thread on roaming here.

The new roaming rates are significantly reduced, so all our 48 customers will have great rates around the EU, even if they don't have one of the roaming addons. Thanks for your feedback on this 🙂 

OK - thanks.

Just to clarify (and apologies if I asked this before but have forgotten how it works...) is this correct:

When abroad in the EU...

1. EU roaming calls add-on outgoing call minutes cover calls to Irish landlines/mobiles (including Northern Ireland landlines dialled with the 048 prefix) AND calls to landlines/mobiles within the EU country in which one is travelling?
  2. EU roaming calls add-on incoming call minutes cover incoming calls from anywhere?
  3. EU text add-on outgoing text allowances cover texts to Irish mobiles or mobiles in the EU country in which one is travelling?
  4. The non EU roaming add-on charges for outgoing calls/texts apply to calls/texts to Irish numbers (landlines or mobiles including 048 NI landlines) AND calls/texts to numbers in the country in which one is travelling?
  5. Calls/texts to other countries are charged at the normal international call/text rates?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Also - this page will presumably need to be updated soon?

http://www.48months.ie/membership-plans/going-abroad

(BTW - Liechtenstein is not spelt properly Man Happy).

Yours pedantically... Man Wink

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

The roaming page is being updated as we speak, should be completed very soon 🙂 I'll let them know about Liechtenstein as well, mortified for us!

In answer to your other questions:

1. EU roaming calls add-on outgoing call minutes cover calls to Irish landlines/mobiles (including Northern Ireland landlines dialled with the 048 prefix) AND calls to landlines/mobiles within the EU country in which one is travelling? Yes
2. EU roaming calls add-on incoming call minutes cover incoming calls from anywhere? Yes
3. EU text add-on outgoing text allowances cover texts to Irish mobiles or mobiles in the EU country in which one is travelling? Yes
4. The non EU roaming add-on charges for outgoing calls/texts apply to calls/texts to Irish numbers (landlines or mobiles including 048 NI landlines) AND calls/texts to numbers in the country in which one is travelling? Sorry but I'm not familar with any roaming addons for outside the EU, do you have a link and I'll check it out?
5. Calls/texts to other countries are charged at the normal international call/text rates? Yes, international calls and texts are not affected by this change. More info here.

Thanks for the clarifications.

Sorry, I phrased this one badly...

"The non EU roaming add-on charges for outgoing calls/texts apply to calls/texts to Irish numbers (landlines or mobiles including 048 NI landlines) AND calls/texts to numbers in the country in which one is travelling?"

What I meant was 

"The standard EU roaming charges (applicable when no EU roaming add-on is used) for outgoing calls/texts apply to calls/texts to Irish numbers (landlines or mobiles including 048 NI landlines) AND calls/texts to numbers in the country in which one is travelling?"

Does that clarify?

Ah I see!

"The standard EU roaming charges (applicable when no EU roaming add-on is used) for outgoing calls/texts apply to calls/texts to Irish numbers (landlines or mobiles including 048 NI landlines) AND calls/texts to numbers in the country in which one is travelling?" - Yes, that is correct. 

Let me know if you need any more info @dalyer!

Thanks a lot for all the clarifications.

We've asked our Feedback Group a question, if you're a member check it out here - http://community.48months.ie/t5/Feedback-Group/gp-p/Feedback

If you'd like to join, post here to let me know and I'll add you to the private group!

jamezgamez
Newcomer
Yeah I'd be interested

rockin
Newcomer
request sent