cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] Issue with all network services, 2nd Oct 2013

Admin48
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

We are currently experiencing a major outage across our network resulting in the failure of calls, texts and data.  As soon as the issue started at 4:25pm this afternoon, we engaged our service provider, Ericsson, to fix the problem.  So far they have yet to identify a fix, but are working with all available resources to do so. We have escalated this to the highest level within the Ericsson organisation so that the very best engineers are working on it.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing, we know this is bad and particularly so given the issues last Friday. All we can say at this point is that we are pushing as hard as we can to get this resolved as soon as possible. We will continue to provide hourly updates on progress here on the Community.

TROUBLESHOOTING:

For some of you who still don't have any coverage after services have been restored this morning, please try the following workaround which has solved the problem for many members:

Search for networks manually, find 48 and connect to it. 

UPDATES:

Final update - 07/10/13 @ 17:16

This issue is now marked as resolved.  All services successfully returned from 4:40am on Thursday morning.  We have put extra monitoring in place since the outage and all services have been working as normal.  Please see this update for further technical information on the outage.

Previous updates:

(click on "more info")

More Info

03/10/13 @ 02:45

While we have been seeing some successful connections on the network, this has been intermittent and we are not seeing a return for all services.  We are continuing to work on a number of fixes to restore service on the network.  These fixes will take some time to implement tonight, so it will be a number of hours before we have another update about the success of these changes.  Our next update will be before 8:00am.

03/10/13 @ 01:38

Some of you have been reporting the gradual return of services.  This is happening intermittently and we will continue to monitor this very closely.  However, it may still take some time before full services are back up and running as we need to ensure the network is stable before allowing full traffic onto the network.

03/10/13 @ 12:35

Calls, texts and data remain stable and we will continue to closely monitor all traffic on the network to ensure that this issue does not occur again.  If you are still having problems please restart your phone and try again.

We are still experiencing delays registering new customers and customers porting their number in or out of 48 (transferring your number to or from 48).  This is an urgent priority for us and we are working hard with our engineers to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

Thanks for sticking with us and being so patient.

03/10/13 @ 07:51

Calls, texts and data are now back fully operational and the services have gradually been coming back online since 4:40am this morning.   You should now be able to pick up a network signal as normal.  If you are still having problems please restart your phone and try again.

We are investigating reports of issues with new customers who joined the network yesterday.  We will keep you updated on our investigation into these issues.

We would like to simply say sorry for inconvenience this has caused since yesterday afternoon, the issues we had yesterday and on Friday are simply just not acceptable.  We will be closely monitoring the services with our service providers, including Ericsson, throughout the day and also in the coming days to ensure this is does not happen again.  We will be in touch later on in the morning with further information and follow up on your outstanding queries.

03/10/13 @ 00:06

We will be implementing a fix in the next hour which will gradually re-introduce traffic onto our platform.    If this is successful we will see service gradually return for customers. We will continue to keep you updated on the progress of this work.

02/10/13 @ 23:27

Investigations have identified a possible cause and we are working on implementing a solution to restore service.  If this fix works, we will have to gradually bring back service, so it will be the early hours of tomorrow morning before full service is restored.  We will update you here on the progress of this.

02/10/13 @ 22:05

The Ericsson engineers are continuing to work on this.  We have our next call with them at 10:45pm and we will provide a further update then.

02/10/13 @ 21:05

Ericsson are continuing to investigate the issue and we don’t have any further information at this point.  We will update you again at 10pm.

02/10/13 @ 20:10

Unfortunately we have been just told service will be down until 9pm at the earliest.  Things ae happening in the background and I will have a further update around 9pm.

02/10/13 @ 19:31

Sorry folks but we have still not managed to get this sorted yet.  We will have a further update shortly after 8pm.  The minute we have further news we will let you all know.

02/10/13 @ 18:55

Still no good news I'm afraid.  We are still working on this and I hope to have an update direct from the engineers any minute now

02/10/13@ 18:22

Our technical staff are still working towards getting this resolved.  They are fairly confident that incoming calls and texts should return soon.  I'll update as soon as I hear anything else.

02/10/13 @ 17:48

We are in the process of making a few changes and are hopeful this will restore your ability to receive calls and texts again.  I will post here when I have further news.

02/10/13 @ 17:25

Unfortunately things have taken a turn for the worse.  Now all network services are unavailable.  So making and receive any calls and texts are not working.  You will also be unable to use the internet.  This has been give the highest priority and every available resource is working on it.  We will have further updates soon.

817 REPLIES 817

Anon
Not applicable

its back bitches stop bitching

Anon
Not applicable
this seriously needs to be fixed,, its an absolute joke,, what if something was seriously wrong or urgent for someone??? definately think everyone should get a months free membership to recompensate all the times the network has been down....OUTRAGEOUS

Anon
Not applicable
hurry on i need my phone a very close friend is very ill in hospital i need people to contact me and i cant!!!

Anon
Not applicable

i was able to make and recieve texts earlier, now i cant do anything , disappointing service

Anon
Not applicable

im supposed ta be meeting a bird with no internet access i better still get sex tonight 

Anon
Not applicable
i agree with the months free membership. this is the second time within 5 days that this has happened! if i dont get any recompensation for this then ill be switchin networks because this is getting rediculous and wasting my money.

Anon
Not applicable
Come on 48 I'm depending on you to get this fixed please..!!!

**bleep**ety **bleep** **bleep**

Anon
Not applicable
O2 is working just made a call from a O2 number

Anon
Not applicable
Get it fixed or forget ur free credit!