Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our website is evolving!

techie_kev
Crew
Crew

Hi everyone,

Our new website has gone live and we hope you love it as much as we do!  

Image of the new 48 website

This is phase one of our website redesign, with phase two coming in the middle of July.  Phase one focuses on improving everything to do with your SIM (ordering a SIM, activating a new or replacement SIM, moving your number to 48) and improving My 48 to allow you to manage your 48 account much more easily. 

As part of the My 48 changes, your add-ons will now expire in line with your membership when you renew it.  This is something you guys said you wanted us to fix so that everything expires at the same time.

Phase two will focus on further improving how you buy memberships and add-ons, and add credit to your account.

We won’t be stopping there and there will be further phases to deliver better experiences for you on My 48 over the coming weeks and months.  This will also include the launch of the site as a fully responsive website, so it will be tailored to fit whatever device you are viewing the site on (laptop, tablet or smartphone).

We’ve been listening to a lot of your ideas and suggestions over the last while and we spent a lot of time working with some of the best web experts in Ireland to redesign the site.  We hope it will make things a lot easier for you when you use our website and also to make it easier for new customers to join 48.

So, let us know what you think by commenting below. If something isn’t working as it should let us know too.  Please be patient as there may still be one or two pesky bugs we’ll need to fix (we’ve done lots of testing but we may not have found all of them!).

Til next time,

Techie Kev 

33 REPLIES 33

Anon
Not applicable
I don't understand the add ons expiring in like with membership, if I purchace an internet add on, I'd expect to have it for the 30 days and be able to use it rather than have it just untill my current membership runs out and not get to entirely use the internet I've paid for.

I still don't fully understand the explanation of the change but my impression is that add-ons will still last at least a month but could actually last up to two months under the new scheme. So you should not lose out and may in fact gain depending on when you buy/renew memberships.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Ok, I'll try to explain the expiring add-ons again!

Say you buy membership on 1st July and it expires on 1st August.  You then buy an add-on on 15th July, due to expire on 15th August.  When you renew your membership on 1st August (to expire on 1st September), the add-on will extend to expire in line with the new membership. So, the add-on will expire on 1st September (not 15th August).  Does that example help?

In relation to purchasing issues some of you have reporting, we've been investigating this today and it looks like an issue with using the Chrome browser on Android devices.  The issue isn't related to your account or your card, so if you could try buying on an old school laptop or computer it will work fine.  In a  lot of cases, the default browser on Android devices works (we're still working through testing that fully though).

Apologies for the inconvenience, our developers are working on this issue at the moment, and we'll get it fixed as soon as possible.

So it's true to say that an add-on will last at least a month (as before) and could last up to two months depending on timing? So people are better off under this change?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

That's right dalyer, you guys will be better off and get more out of your add-ons with this change.  As long as the add-on isn't used up, that is!

murphyd72
Newcomer
Did the add-ons always expire and could someone also explain the new thing with the add-ons expiring the same time as the membership does that mean when I buy and add-on 5 days before my membership expires do the add-ons expire as well?

Add-ons always lasted a month from the date of purchase and expired once used up or when the month elapsed.

Now they last a month from the date of purchase or up to a futher additional month depending on the timing of membership renewal.

Hope this helps.

murphyd72
Newcomer
It does help thanks

Anon
Not applicable

thanks for your improvement, my query is can 48 net work call international or can one top up with 48 to call international?

Yes - you can call international numbers if you have enough cash credit.

See here for the applicable call charges:

Other call charges

Hope this helps.