cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service

cian10
Newcomer
I’ve no service and none of ur community stuff has anything to do with it I need someone to solve this asap
146 REPLIES 146

@angler wrote:

Another family member has had less severe issues with their 48 service a few days ago - am unsure whether it has fully sorted itself out or if another SIM is required there as well...

angler - maybe they should order one also, just in case things go worse for them. They won't have to activate it, just have one ready to swap in, if / when they need to.

ang94
Visitor
Thanks for advice. Looks like a new SIM card needed.

I was onto a chat agent also today, who advised me something along the lines of "dont worry you can just order a new sim which will arive in 3-5 working days and your issue will be fixed". Im sorry, I dont like to usually complain about things but the service from 48 has been actually shocking. Fair enough there was an issue and everyone makes mistakes, but to not have any official announcement from 48 apologising and advising people to get new sims or to automatically be sending out new sim cards to customers with the incompatable sims is a disgrace. People who have not ordered new sims will just be without service now until they realise they actually have to order themselves. I also opened a "service" ticket with 48 about this issue last week and have so bar only been replied to with a generic answer saying the volume is high and we will get back to you shortly...about 5 days ago!!! They have applied credit to your account also for next month and as soon as that is up I will be leaving and going elsewhere, There is basically 0 customer support from 48 and I cant risk this happening again in the future, if this was happening with say Vodafone or Tesco Mobile their would be outrage and I am sure they would have fixed sooner. Apologies, rant over but this has been so frustrating!

ang94
Visitor
Agree with your analysis and detailing of frustration experienced by customers with no mobile network since last Thursday evening 21 st. No clear info from 48 on how to sort the problem. Message kept popping up to say restart your phone. Nothing said about possibly needing to buy a new SIM card. I only got this info from other customer feedback. Thanks for nothing 48.

@ang94 wrote:
Nothing said about possibly needing to buy a new SIM card.

Just to be clear you don't have to buy a new SIM.

You just need to order one.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

jazz_01
Regular
Exactly my thoughts. Seems 48 don't want to admit to the issue or don't care about their customer base.
Any contact with online support, same "copy/paste" message everyone is getting, but we need to remember, they are on front line,no influence on the decisions that have been made or the next steps that 48 will make.
It's hard to feel any loyalty to a company that acts this way to its customer base. Seems to be a common theme with the telecoms sector, almost disdain for their customers.
Hope everyone gets sorted out sooner rather than later!

susan182
Newcomer
I’m sure I’m not the only one who this was the last straw for! Going to switch to 3 tomorrow

I recommend anyone getting a new sim to demand they extend your membership to cover those days you didn’t have service! Completely their fault, not the customers, an absolute **bleep** show of a network!

gaugho
Newcomer
My phone still showing no service. I’ve tried everything. Can someone tell me how do o fix this??

ang94
Visitor
Where do I order a new SIM? Keeping my number also?

@ang94 wrote:
Where do I order a new SIM? Keeping my number also?

Here:

https://www.48months.ie/my-48/change-my-sim

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.