SMS messaging not working

Newcomer
‎18-09-2022 08:57 PM
I don't seem to be getting SMS messages onto my phone, any ideas how I can fix this, or why it might be happening?
Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
0 Likes

Re: SMS messaging not working

The Legend
‎19-09-2022 12:19 AM

Can you send SMS messages?

Are you not receiving any SMS at all or just one from certain senders?

What make and model of phone are you using?

Were you ever using an iPhone and we're registered for iMessage in case others are sending them via iMessage and they're not getting through?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes

Newcomer
‎19-09-2022 06:12 AM
I read somewhere within 48.ie, that you might need 15% space on your phone to receive messages, so I deleted a lot of stuff, photos/video/apps off the phone, and sent a message from my wife's phone this morning and it came through. I had left the phone off all night as well.
0 Likes

The Legend
‎19-09-2022 08:53 AM

@SeamusC5770 wrote:
I read somewhere within 48.ie, that you might need 15% space on your phone to receive messages, so I deleted a lot of stuff, photos/video/apps off the phone, and sent a message from my wife's phone this morning and it came through. I had left the phone off all night as well.

I've never heard that before about free space.

But you're saying that after clearing some space things seem to be working now?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.
0 Likes

Newcomer
‎19-09-2022 08:26 PM
I thought that it would work but need to receive an SMS from a bank and it is still not coming through, so I don't know what to do now, but is very frustrating
0 Likes

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎19-09-2022 09:55 PM

Some people have had this issue with security texts from banks etc. 

Never experienced it myself.

You'll have to contact 48 support.

See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

0 Likes

Newcomer
‎19-09-2022 10:01 PM
Thanks Dalyer. Appreciate the help
0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community