cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS messaging not working

SeamusC5770
Visitor
I don't seem to be getting SMS messages onto my phone, any ideas how I can fix this, or why it might be happening?
6 REPLIES 6

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Can you send SMS messages?

Are you not receiving any SMS at all or just one from certain senders?

What make and model of phone are you using?

Were you ever using an iPhone and we're registered for iMessage in case others are sending them via iMessage and they're not getting through?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

SeamusC5770
Visitor
I read somewhere within 48.ie, that you might need 15% space on your phone to receive messages, so I deleted a lot of stuff, photos/video/apps off the phone, and sent a message from my wife's phone this morning and it came through. I had left the phone off all night as well.

@SeamusC5770 wrote:
I read somewhere within 48.ie, that you might need 15% space on your phone to receive messages, so I deleted a lot of stuff, photos/video/apps off the phone, and sent a message from my wife's phone this morning and it came through. I had left the phone off all night as well.

I've never heard that before about free space.

But you're saying that after clearing some space things seem to be working now?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

SeamusC5770
Visitor
I thought that it would work but need to receive an SMS from a bank and it is still not coming through, so I don't know what to do now, but is very frustrating

Some people have had this issue with security texts from banks etc. 

Never experienced it myself.

You'll have to contact 48 support.

See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

SeamusC5770
Visitor
Thanks Dalyer. Appreciate the help