cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random calls/scam numbers - how to stop?

ShonaMcG2467
Newcomer

Every day/night I'm receiving alot scam calls and sometimes calls from people saying they have missed calls from me. Do 48 have a fraud team that can look into this

5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Several people have posted about this before.

If you search the forum you'll find previous posts/threads.

It's an issue that isn't specific to 48 - it happens on all mobile networks.

There's nothing that the mobile providers can do.

Here is what ComReg recommends:

Maybe block the numbers but it won't help with further calls/texts from different numbers.

Personally, I tend not to answer calls from numbers that I don't recognise.

If it's genuine and important they'll leave a voice message.

If you want to contact 48 support about this then see the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com but they'll probably also just point you to the ComReg advice.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

EdwardB3901
Newcomer
How do I contact 48 to let them know this is happening ?

See my previous reply.

If you want to contact 48 support about this then see the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

MichelleK8714
Newcomer

I am experiencing an issue where I am receiving random missed calls, and when I return the calls, the person on the other end insists they never called me. In one instance, a lady was swearing at me and extremely rude, leaving me feeling shaken especially since she was the one who had called me. This experience has been very unsettling, and I am seriously considering leaving 48.ie because of this incident. Over the past few weeks the volume has increased. 

Moving from 48 probably won't help. 

This issue happens on all networks not just 48.

It's been covered many times:

The usual advice from ComReg applies:

ComReg consulted on the issue over a year ago but still haven't done anything: