cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number changed - how do I keep my old number?

ZoeE6877
Newcomer

Hiya. My old phone number changed over to a new one. I wanted to keep my old number. How can I change it back to my old number. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

By default a new 48 SIM comes with a new 089 number.

If you want to retain your existing number then you need to port it over to 48 from your old carrier:

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the link in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

ZoeE6877
Newcomer
Hi all.
I have recently changed over to 48. However my old number never ported over. My plan with my old number has ceased. How can I get my old number back.

Duplicate posts/threads merged. 

No need to create multiple threads for the same issue. 

Particularly when you already received advice on what to do:

If you can't receive the porting security text because you have no service on your old network then you need to follow the instructions here: 

If your old network SIM has no service or you can't receive the security code SMS, then you will need to make contact with your old provider as they will have visibility of your old account. 

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Apologies! I lost the previous message. Thank you.

When I try to enter my old number. I get an error notification. How can I Rectify this. It says that the msisdn already exists. This is from my initial entry of my original number.

You'll have to contact 48 support for assistance with this. 

See the links in my signature below.