cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Issues

AoifeC2433
Newcomer

Hi, 

I have moved to the 48 Network over a month ago. In the last 2 weeks I have noticed that most days I have no network coverage or mobile data available. My phone constantly says 'emergency calls only'. 7 of my friends & family have switched over also & most of them are experiencing the same issues. 

Is anyone else having this issue, or could it be that there is just no coverage where we live. Would I be better of going back to my old network? I was previously with Three & never had any coverage issues. 

7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

If up to eight people are having the same problem then it sounds like a coverage issue in your area.

Are you in a remote area or something?

You should contact 48 support to see if they are aware of any issues in your area.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Owend0306
Newcomer
Hi, Yes my family also have this issue. The mobile coverage is up and down and calls often drop. I live in Dublin 8 so I would expect coverage to be strong in the city.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You'll need to contact 48 support and ask them about this.
See the link in my signature below.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

HaideeMacC6429
Newcomer
Not receiving some calls or texts. Calls keep dropping

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
As above.
You'll have to contact 48 support and ask them about this.
See the link in my signature below.

Hope this helps.

I have just activated my 48 sim, seems to have no mobile data, cant make any calls either, had a 3 sim previously, worked ok...Charles

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Are you getting any network connection?
Did you buy a membership?
You can't make calls without one.
What make and model of phone?
If it's an iPhone then you'll almost certainly have to put €1 cash credit on your account to pay for the international texts that iPhones send silently to a UK activation server to activate the phone, FaceTime, iMessage etc. because of the stupid way that Apple do things.
Once you have a network connection and calls/texts are working you need to configure your internet/APN settings for data to work.
See here

https://community.48.ie/t5/Other-Help/Internet-not-working-on-HUAWEI-ASCEND-g6-u10/m-p/34493/highlig...

Hope this helps.