cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free text 50400 has suddenly failed to send

LiamM8440
Newcomer

Hello I never had an issue until last week sending a txt message to free txt 50400.

This is a free number to update rainfall for Met Eireann.  I never had a problem before this.

I have checked and the number is not blocked 

can you please assist.

2 REPLIES 2

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

I'm surprised that it ever worked given that 48 don't support the sending of texts to any Premium SMS 5xxxx number other than 50048 for automated APN settings: 

You'll have to contact 48 support to ask them if anything has changed at their end to cause this to no longer work. 

See the links in my signature below.

Where is this text number mentioned on the Met Éireann website? 

I can't see it anywhere.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

LiamM8440
Newcomer

thanks for the reply.  it always worked without any issue up to last week and now just getting not sent.

I can send it no problem from my friends mobile who is with GOMO.  I contacted 48 directly via customer care and said a change which no longer supports 50400.  Its not a premium number its a free txt number.  I advised them to look back at my record and they can see how it went through no problem every day up to now.  I am very please with 48 up to this point but now might have to change provider.