cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM support and latest iPhones

TonyS9107
Newcomer

Can 48 membership be used with the new iPhone 14?

7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Don't think so.

I'm pretty sure that 48 don't do eSIMs yet.

And I think that only eSIMs from Apple "approved" carriers work and 48 isn't one.

But you might want to double check with 48 support.

See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

Edit: also, only Vodafone are listed under Ireland here:

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT209096

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

PdraigH0554
Newcomer

Your post was blank @PdraigH0554 - did you mean to post a comment or question?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Robeyn_Team48

Hi @tony & @dalyer ,

This is just for sales of the iPhone 14 in the United States and SIM cards will continue to be supported in all other markets, including Ireland. However, if you buy an iPhone 14 in the United States or Canada, it won’t work here in Ireland until we launch eSIM.

Thanks,

Robeyn_Team48

Thanks @Robeyn_Team48 

subscriberN6194
Newcomer

Is eSIM supported atleast now ? any news

> Is eSIM supported at least now ? 

No - but latest iPhones sold in Europe should still have a physical nano SIM tray according to Apple.

If you buy an iPhone 14 or later in the US that has no SIM tray and only supports eSIMs then you're out of luck on 48 for now I'm afraid.