cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could Apple approve the new 48 profile configuration?

FelipeS2288
Visitor

48 was chosen as switcher's Best SIM Only Pay As You Go and Best Mobile Operator for Data, all right, but what’s missing to satisfy all customers?

Just contact Apple to request approval of the new 48 profile configuration for iPhone users who do not need to be concerned about the manual network when travelling abroad outside of Ireland?

Many people and I are tired of waiting to make 48 work in Portugal, Greece and Germany .... We don't want to do it manually by clicking "When Abroad -> Manual Network -> Choose network"

I had Three and Gomo and never had any problems (network automatic) using it on travel abroad outside of Ireland.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

> but what’s missing to satisfy all customers?

Not all customers use Apple devices.
Those who don't do not have to contend with the stupid activation policies that Apple insist on using and which unnecessarily complicate life for Apple device users on certain (often virtual) networks and when roaming.

But if what you suggest would simplify life for Apple device users on 48 and when roaming then I'm all for it.

But I'm not really clear on what you're suggesting here. 

Are you asking 48 users en masse to contact Apple lobbying them to make 48 an "approved" carrier or something?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Not all customers have Apple devices, it's true, but, why can I pick-up a Vodafone SIM and just put in my Apple device and all good to go? Why 48 need I to set up the APN and, if I go abroad, need to change my set up again? Why 48 can not make Apple devices easy as others Networks providers? Doesn't matter Android or Apple, because I already did a set up (APN) for Android phone as well, we just want the SIM from 48 to have profile approved from Apple and Android. The SIM will be good to go as well and everyone will be happy, putting the SIM and enjoy their Internet. 

If 100k users send email to Apple, Apple will do nothing, who needs to "talk" to Apple/Android is 48, send their documentations and DONE. GoMo it's a quite new Virtual Network in Ireland and they have their profile in Apple since they open. I was their customer and works smooth (that part)/

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Ask Apple why they make things so complicated.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
If you don't want to waste time then just ignore my posts.
It's a community forum so anybody is free to post and not be subject to self appointed moderators.