cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant activate sim on iphone 6

IanW1216
Visitor

Hi

I have an iphone 6 with a three sim and I want to move to 48, I made an account and activated the sim on my tablet and bought the 100gb plan.

The issue is that when I put the sim into the phone it says that the sim is not supported and to unlock the phone (it is unlocked) and when I try to log into the 48 app it hangs on the page that you put your email and password in. If i put them in wrong it says that but otherwise its just looping there and not doing anything.

11 REPLIES 11

@IanW1216 wrote:
This exact same problem is what I wrote in about, I too have an iPhone 6 and I added 1€ to my account and still have not been able to get the 48 sim to work on my iPhone 6. I bought an android on done deal for €20 and stuck the 48 sim in and was up and running in 5 minutes data and texts calls etc all good. The phone has two sim ports which is good because I haven’t had time to figure out how to port the old number over from Three.

Yes but according to your earlier posts your iPhone was almost certainly locked to another network which is a separate issue.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

IanW1216
Visitor
I can’t find my earlier posts on this forum but I did say I’d moved from Vodafone to three which shows that it had to be unlocked and I called Three customer service who said the same. I got the the 48 sim to work straightaway on a very basic android, it definitely has something to do with Apple not allowing this provider. I am very happy with the service from 48, so far.