Cannot move my number

Newcomer
‎02-10-2020 03:16 PM

I have been trying to port my number to 48 for over a week. It failed because I have a family account so need an agent to assist. Trouble is I cannot ever seem to get the web chat button, I've checked multiple times a day. Why is it never there? I opened a case 4 days ago and have yet to get a response. Very frustrating. If it is this difficult to get assistance to move to 48 it makes me wonder what the customer service would be like as a customer. 

2 Likes

Re: Cannot move my number

The Legend
‎02-10-2020 06:39 PM

Others have ported numbers on "shared" accounts without problems.

E.g. see here:

https://community.48.ie/t5/Joining-48/Move-number/m-p/53754/highlight/true#M1170

Try submitting a new porting request?

If that does not work then you will just have to keep trying to contact 48 support.

Unfortunately a lot of people seem to be having problems contacting them or getting a response lately.

I don't know why.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.
1 Like

Re: Cannot move my number

Newcomer
‎05-10-2020 11:35 AM

Finally got the infamous chat button this morning and the agent i dealt with initiated a port request which worked almost immediately. I don't understand why the chat option is not there all the time as it would have saved me alot of time and effort.

1 Like

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community