cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using 48 abroad

niamhmahon
Newcomer
I'm moving to Spain for 6 months and will be using the roaming add ons to call home. I was wondering if the add ons will work for ringing other Spanish residents while I'm there? I.e if my boss rang me could I receive the call and could I ring him using the add ons?
Thanks!
1 REPLY 1

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You might want to double check with 48 support about this:

How to get help

I was told by them that EU roaming call/text add-ons covered calls/texts to Irish and international numbers but I'm not sure that this is actually the case because last time I was in France with the EU add-ons I think that my cash credit balance was being charged to contact French numbers. But I could have been mistaken.

Note that for add-ons to work you still need an active monthly membership.

Certainly with a membership and an EU roaming calls add-on you will be able to receive calls for free from any number around the world. Without the EU roaming calls add-on you will pay a fee per minute to receive calls.

You will be able to receive texts whether or not you have an add-on as long as you have a membership.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.