cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim

hannah94
Visitor

my sim card isnt working whats going on? its very important that this gets sorted out as soon as possible i need it working for work purposes... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

By the way, a "no service" message sounds suspiciously like an iPhone issue.

So if you have an iPhone and this is the message that you are getting you should search for existing threads here on the 48 Community Forum that deal with the iPhone "no service" message - e.g.:

No Service on iPhone

And maybe also Google for help elsewhere.

You might also want to contact 48 support for assistance as I suggested earlier.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

How exactly is it not working?

A more detailed description of the situation including verbatim error messages if applicable etc. might help.

Was it working before?

If so when did it stop working and did anything change before this happened?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

obviously it was working before... i wouldnt be wondering why its not working...

no nothing has changed it just says no service

It was not obvious from your first post that it was working before now. Otherwise I would not have asked. I had no idea if you were new to 48 and could not get a new SIM registered and working, or an existing 48 customer/member whose SIM had just stopped working.

Anyway...

Any chance you breached the fair usage limits and got barred for the remainder of your current membership month?

Fair Use Policy/ Acceptable Use Policy

Have you tried powering off and on again?

Have you tried manually searching for networks and manually connecting to 48 (or O2 if 48 not listed)?

Is it an iPhone? If so have you tried syncing with iTunes again to see if that helps? Sometimes iPhones need (re)activation on the 48 network. To do this you will need at least 25c credit on your account to cover the cost of a UK text that may get sent.

If all else fails then you might need to contact 48 support about this:

How to get help

Hope this helps.

hannah94
Visitor
Sorry for snapping... its just very frustrating. Thanks for your help I think I just have to order a new one.. no phone for a few days 😞

Ok.

But you don't know that the SIM is at fault yet.

Can you look at the issues that I mentioned above and see if any are relevant?

Can you try the SIM in another unlocked phone to see if it works there?

Are there any messages on your online account or in your email about breaching the fair usage limits?

Do you have a current/valid membership (even if you haven't you should still get a signal however)?

What make and model of phone is it?

Hope this helps.

By the way, a "no service" message sounds suspiciously like an iPhone issue.

So if you have an iPhone and this is the message that you are getting you should search for existing threads here on the 48 Community Forum that deal with the iPhone "no service" message - e.g.:

No Service on iPhone

And maybe also Google for help elsewhere.

You might also want to contact 48 support for assistance as I suggested earlier.

Hope this helps.

hannah94
Visitor
I'm still on the stardard membership (free calls and texts to all networks, 20min landline calls) there's no messages or anything on my account online and I don't use data only WiFi... I have a prestigious phone model 4500. This might be silly but how do I try to connect manually?

hannah94
Visitor
Thanks for your help

Anon
Not applicable
Hey Hannah!

Happy to hear you're sorted! Could you please go ahead and mark this thread as "solved"?
That way we can refer to it should somebody have the same issue in future!