cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

security code on sim ??

Anon
Not applicable

hi i have put the sim into my phone and it prompted for a pin code, i entered it but now its looking for a security code, where do i find that ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

I think that by default 48 SIMs come with SIM PIN locking enabled.

In that case you will be prompted for the SIM PIN (PIN1) which is on the packaging for the SIM.

If you cannot find that then see here:

I forgot my PIN code

If you enter that and get another prompt for something like SIM/network unlock code/PIN then your phone may be locked to another network. In that case you need to get it unlocked for use on any network before you can use it on 48:

How to unlock your phone 

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

1 REPLY 1

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

I think that by default 48 SIMs come with SIM PIN locking enabled.

In that case you will be prompted for the SIM PIN (PIN1) which is on the packaging for the SIM.

If you cannot find that then see here:

I forgot my PIN code

If you enter that and get another prompt for something like SIM/network unlock code/PIN then your phone may be locked to another network. In that case you need to get it unlocked for use on any network before you can use it on 48:

How to unlock your phone 

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.