cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roaming not working

Anon
Not applicable

hi. i bought the 10 eu roaming minutes and i cant make or receive calls when roaming. roaming is turned on in my phone. please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I don't think that you can roam on another Irish network when you're using 48. My understanding is that you have to connect via 48/O2 (48 essentially being an Mobile Virtual Network Operator on the O2 network). If you cannot connect to 48/O2 then I don't think that a roaming add-on is going to help. I'm open to correction on this though. For what it's worth the 48/O2 network coverage is outlined here:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions-Knowledge/What-s-the-network-coverage-like/ta...

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What country are you roaming in?

What network are you connected to?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

Ireland.
I can connect to IRL- METEOR, vodafone IE.

That doesn't make sense to me. If you are in Ireland then you are not roaming so why do you think you need a roaming calls add-on? In Ireland you just connect to 48 (or O2 if you don't see 48 listed - happens to some people) and make calls etc via your normal membership allowances.

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable

at my house i can't connect to 48 or o2. so if someone is trying to ring me it doesn't come threw. i hope theres some way i can get this sorted out because this is the only problem i have.

I don't think that you can roam on another Irish network when you're using 48. My understanding is that you have to connect via 48/O2 (48 essentially being an Mobile Virtual Network Operator on the O2 network). If you cannot connect to 48/O2 then I don't think that a roaming add-on is going to help. I'm open to correction on this though. For what it's worth the 48/O2 network coverage is outlined here:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions-Knowledge/What-s-the-network-coverage-like/ta...

Hope this helps.