cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dropping downloads

frankmcd
Newcomer

So, teo nights in a row, I've tried to download the same file.

First time, 165 mb of the ~400mb file downloaded. Useless. Had to download full thing again. Just tried to download it again, 24.5mb of it downloaded. Again, no good. has to be discarded.

Do i try to download again? Any chance of getting the 190 odd mb back? Just wondering. Where d you stand with dropped downloads? Where do I stand?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Downloads can fail for a number of reasons including hosting server side issues. It's difficult to say whether or not the 48 network/data connection is at fault here without more information and investigation. 

Maybe you should log a support query to ask 48 support about this to check if there's any issue on the network side?

How to get help

I doubt that they will "refund" you the lost bandwidth but you can always ask...

On a more general point ... for large downloads I would normally try to download over wifi and use a download manager that can resume downloads from the point at which they failed if necessary. Maybe such an app is available for your phone?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2

frankmcd
Newcomer

decided to try again 24.3mb this time.

Not on.

Downloads can fail for a number of reasons including hosting server side issues. It's difficult to say whether or not the 48 network/data connection is at fault here without more information and investigation. 

Maybe you should log a support query to ask 48 support about this to check if there's any issue on the network side?

How to get help

I doubt that they will "refund" you the lost bandwidth but you can always ask...

On a more general point ... for large downloads I would normally try to download over wifi and use a download manager that can resume downloads from the point at which they failed if necessary. Maybe such an app is available for your phone?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.