cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

coverage

Anon
Not applicable
Since I registered my sim I cant get any coverage the last two days. When will my Vodafone sim be aactivated with 48? Also sent me a new numberbut that doesnt work either waiting for my unlock code from vVodafone but I nneed coverage to recieve it
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anon
Not applicable

Ol ... so you have a phone that is still locked to Vodafone. This is why ONLY a vodafone SIM can be used in it. Right ?

But your SIM seems to have been transferred over to 48months when you registered it to 48. So it is no longer a Vodafone SIM and this is why it will not work in your locked phone.

Your only option is to get your phone unlocked by Vodafone asap.  Call Vodafone and tell them you need to get unlocked but cannot use your phone to do so. Ask them to call another phone with the unlock code, or email it to you, or make it available if you call in to one of their shops ...

It is always important to unlock your phone before you move networks.

View solution in context

15 REPLIES 15

Anon
Not applicable

If you can log in here ... and when you go to My48 what do you see ? If you see your number and Membership status, and hopefull Paid .. then you have been transferred to 48.

Yes it will work immediately you unlock your phone and restart it with the 48 SIM in it. (or any other unlocked phone)

Anon
Not applicable
So I need to pay membership and top up by €20 To get the deal?

Anon
Not applicable

Depending on the deal you want, yes. Then you're good to go.

Anon
Not applicable
I've been a 48 month member for about 4 months now, topped up my phone for a month but still not allowing me to make calls to any mobile, please help me what do I do???

Anon
Not applicable

Presumably it worked at some stage ? or you would not be still with 48 after 4 months ? so it has stoppped working at some time in the last four months ...

If restarting the phone (hard restart for an iPhone) doesn't work then you should immediately log a support message here: 

New request

@jimmyson04 wrote:
I've been a 48 month member for about 4 months now, topped up my phone for a month but still not allowing me to make calls to any mobile, please help me what do I do???

What does your online account say about your membership status, expiry date, mobile calls, landline calls, texts and data balances?

Any chance you breached the fair usage limits and got barred for the remainder of your current membership month?

http://www.48months.ie/boiler-plate/terms#18

If necessary log a support query to get 48 to look into this for you.

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.