cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking moto G from 48 network

Anon
Not applicable

Hi,

I bought the Motorola Moto G from emobile and put my 48 sim straight to the phone.

Weird feature about the phone being that it network locks to whatever sim is in it when first started, so now its currently locked to 48.

I went to the shop where I bought the phone, they told me to go to their customer support to get it unlocked. Their customer support said they cant help me since I'm not a eMobile customer. Went to O2, since 48 runs off their network, but they just sent me back to eMobile because since the phone is registered to be used with eMobile, they should be able to do it.

Then returned to eMobile, who just told me they cant do anything for me.

Just wondering is there anything I can do to unlock the phone without sending it to a phone repair shop??

Any help appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

My guess is you may have to look at buying an unlock code online from a reputable and competitive unlocker. See here for example:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2589722

I know it refers to the Meteor Moto G "EURetailSL" handset but I think the same applies to the emobile one.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

corsair
Newcomer

did you ever get sorted out ?