cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card full

nicolak1
Newcomer
Every time I turn on my phone I get a notification to say my sim card is full. Each time I get a text I get the same notification that the sim card is full. There is very little on my sim card
7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What is the exact message?

A screenshot would be ideal if possible.

Are you saving your contacts to the SIM rather than the phone or an online account (e.g. Google or iCloud)?

How manty contacts are on your SIM?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

nicolak1
Newcomer
The message says sim card full delete messages to make room. I only have 98 contacts saved to sim

Is that the verbatim message? 

Sounds like your text messages are being saved to the SIM and it's full? 

What make and model of phone do you have? 

Did you configure the messaging client app to save messages to the SIM?

Can you reconfigure it to save them to the phone storage or sd card or somewhere with more capacity? 

This is not a 48 issue but something to do with the setup of your phone/messaging client app. 

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

When I Google the error message that you mention I don't get that many results but perhaps some of these are of some use?

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/GqwmOj3DKns

http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/49820/sim-1-card-full-notification-on-htc-desire-sv

Hope this helps.

Any update?

nicolak1
Newcomer
Thanks for all your help I'm going to bring my phone back to where I bought it and get them to have a look

They'll probably just blame the SIM/network. 

Did you look at the links that I posted? 

Are they of any relevance? 

What make and model of phone is it? 

Was the SIM ever used in another phone? 

Do you know if it was ever configured to store SMS messages to the SIM? 

Are contacts stored on the SIM? 

Have you tried moving them to the phone or a Google/iCloud account? 

These days it's very unusual to store contacts/messages on a SIM given the storage available on most modern phones .

Hope this helps.