cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

kate2810
Newcomer
Hi does 48 work in America? If I buy the roaming €3.50 package would that work over there?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

It will work over there but don't buy the roaming add-ons as they are for the EU only.

http://www.48months.ie/boiler-plate/add-on-rules

When roaming in the US all outgoing and incoming calls and outgoing texts are charged from your credit balance. So you need to top up your credit balance to pay for them.

Other call charges

• North America

When you're roaming in the USA or Canada you'll pay:

Making calls and calling your voicemail€1.99
    Receiving calls€1.89
    Sending texts39c
    Receiving textsFree

Calls made and received in North America are charged on a per minute basis. All charges are inc VAT.

Data roaming will not work abroad.

You also need a valid membership but membership or add-on allowances do not cover outgoing/incoming calls and outgoing texts while roaming abroad.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

It will work over there but don't buy the roaming add-ons as they are for the EU only.

http://www.48months.ie/boiler-plate/add-on-rules

When roaming in the US all outgoing and incoming calls and outgoing texts are charged from your credit balance. So you need to top up your credit balance to pay for them.

Other call charges

• North America

When you're roaming in the USA or Canada you'll pay:

Making calls and calling your voicemail€1.99
    Receiving calls€1.89
    Sending texts39c
    Receiving textsFree

Calls made and received in North America are charged on a per minute basis. All charges are inc VAT.

Data roaming will not work abroad.

You also need a valid membership but membership or add-on allowances do not cover outgoing/incoming calls and outgoing texts while roaming abroad.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

andreea123
Newcomer
Heya I'm Andreea and I have problems with my roaming . Before I moved this never happened. I have no signal for the past 3 days and sometimes my phone randomly starts to say that the SIM is inserted to use and it give me 3 options it says select your carrier and none of them are 48 what should I do ? My internet only works if the roaming is on. This is information about my phone-> model number :HTC one SV , IMEI: 352803050189431 , IMEI: 01, Device serial number : HT2CKTP06661, IMSI : 272110200387494. Please help me as I can't call or text and I can't receive either for the past 3 days.

What country are you roaming in?

While there were you able to make/receive calls and send/receive texts at all?

You will not see 48 when roaming abroad - you have to connect to a local network operator.

Remember that you need cash credit on your account to pay for incoming and outgoing calls and outgoing texts while roaming abroad. Or in the EU an EU roaming add-on to cover these.

Data roaming does not work abroad.

When at home in Ireland you have to have data roaming enabled for all services to work. This is because 48 is a virtual network operator operating on the O2 network. Enabling this option does not involve any additional costs so just do it and don't worry about it.

If you still have problems maybe contact 48 support for advice:

How to get help

Hope this helps.