cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming calls

Anon
Not applicable
Hey, my phone is telling me i'm having roaming calls but i'm here in Ireland, i cant make any calls
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just to clarify - in most or all cases you need data roaming enabled even to make calls on 48 because it is an MVNO (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_virtual_network_operator). Even if the roaming "R" appears on the signal bars this does not matter - you are not really roaming as such. And when this happens there is no additional cost or anything like that. Your €10 membership will still cover the usual calls to Irish mobiles and landlines. And people calling you will not be charged anything extra. In short enable data roaming and ignore the roaming "R" on the signal bars if it appears.

Now even when you do that can you not make calls? 

What exactly does it say in your online account about your membership status, expiry date and call allowance balances?

Are you on the Guido €10 membership or the old (all calls + texts) Standard €10 membership?

If you are on the Guido membership perhaps you have simply used up your calls allowances and need to purchase an add-on?

You might need to contact support for assistance about this matter:

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi marybowen

Roaming is necessary on the 48 Network.

Can you send texts and connect to the internet?

Can others call/text your number?

Have you only just started having issues making calls?

Have you active membership, & if so, can you check the status (start date/end date)

Have you had any fair usage notifications?

Can you power off then on your handset, then try to make a call...

Can you post back after ?

🙂

Anon
Not applicable

Yeah i can connect to the internet with wifi, but i cant make any calls as I'm on the 10euro deal so i wouldnt be covered to make roaming calls, but the calls i want to make are to regular irish mobile numbers. I am able to receive calls, but i presume whoever calls me is being charged at a roaming rate.

Just to clarify - in most or all cases you need data roaming enabled even to make calls on 48 because it is an MVNO (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_virtual_network_operator). Even if the roaming "R" appears on the signal bars this does not matter - you are not really roaming as such. And when this happens there is no additional cost or anything like that. Your €10 membership will still cover the usual calls to Irish mobiles and landlines. And people calling you will not be charged anything extra. In short enable data roaming and ignore the roaming "R" on the signal bars if it appears.

Now even when you do that can you not make calls? 

What exactly does it say in your online account about your membership status, expiry date and call allowance balances?

Are you on the Guido €10 membership or the old (all calls + texts) Standard €10 membership?

If you are on the Guido membership perhaps you have simply used up your calls allowances and need to purchase an add-on?

You might need to contact support for assistance about this matter:

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

P.s

Is the reason you are connecting to wifi for internet because you used all the 1G internet on the Guido... or, another reason?

Smiley Happy

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi again marybowen

You will not be charged for roaming enabled.

As previously said, Data Roaming must be enabled to connect to the 48 Network.
If you turn it off you will not be able to cinnect connect to 48.
There is no charge for having roaming enabled, and others do not get charged extra on account of that to contact you.

I hope this is now clear.

I assume you have just switched ro 48?

It would be of benefit to read the FAQ on 48 to get more information on how it works.

Can you try adding € to you balance... if you are calling numbers out of allowance on the Guido (ie 1890, 1850 landlines...you will need some monies in your balance.

Click on the link below:

http://48months.ie/deal

🙂