cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming add on not working

sparklingjewell
Newcomer
I recently bought 2 lots of 35 roaming texts. 70 texts in total. I was able to send 4 but then it stopped working. I still have a remaining 66 texts but they are failing to send. I have also had credit taken after I bought the add ons leaving me with just over 20 cent balance
7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What country are you roaming in?

When you buy add-ons the money is taken there and then from your credit balance or card as you pay up front for membership and add-ons.

Edit: I'm just wondering if you are, in fact, still in Ireland and bought the roaming add-ons thinking that you could sent texts to EU numbers from Ireland using them? If so then that is not the case - they are only for sending texts when roaming abroad in the EU away from Ireland. If you managed to send 4 EU texts then they would have cost you at least 25c per text (more if they were very long and used more than a single SMS each) and that might explain why your cash credit balance has reduced? It would also explain why you can't sent another EU text - because you only have 20c and you need at least 25c to send one.

In that case you should still have all 70 EU roaming texts left because none should would have been used up if you are not abroad. You can check this by dialing *100*6# to get your current EU roaming text balance. 

Handy short-codes

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

sparklingjewell
Newcomer
Hi. I am in Bosnia Herzegovina. I have 66 texts remaining but they will not send.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Bosnia is not an EU country!

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Maybe 4 texts sent when you were near the border with an EU country and picked up their network?

sparklingjewell
Newcomer
But I don't understand why they won't work now I am abroad

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
They are EU roaming add-ons so only work when you are on EU country networks. Bosnia is not an EU country. See here:

http://www.48months.ie/membership-plans/going-abroad

Hope this helps.