cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium SMS numbers

rollerking
Visitor
Hi, Im just wondering is there a way or if anyone explain to me how 48 can text premium numbers like radio shows eg phantom 53105 or Newstalk 53106. I like to text radio stations for competitions etc I credited my account, credited roaming text, credited minutes on my account and it still wont work 😞 Cheers, Graham
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

See here:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Techie-Updates/Let-s-get-technical/m-p/1248#M26

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

See here:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Techie-Updates/Let-s-get-technical/m-p/1248#M26

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Just to confirm that 48 do not support sending texts to Premium SMS (PSMS) 5XXXX numbers:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Why-won-t-messages-to-5-numbers-send/m-p/7642#M2475

Hope this helps.

Its kinda ridiculous if you ask me. I was listening to Phantom 10.2 Fm and 48 had a competition running for people to text in and win a free year of moblie phone chrges with 48... wondeerful prize , however the irony is that person who won can now no longer text the show!!

I'd imagine that PSMS access (for competitions etc.) would be popular with the demographic targeted by 48 so it does seem a bit odd that they don't support them. I guess that they're trying to protect customers from themselves since these numbers can be expensive. But if they were charged out of credit balance then it would be up to customers to manage their own expenditure. Or maybe it's to protect against those (scam?) numbers which end up sending further messages on a regular basis that cost a lot to receive? One way or another it would be better if the price list explicitly stated that PSMS numbers were not accessible on 48 so that anybody moving to 48 could do so in the full knowledge that these sevices would not be available to them.

I'll get off my soapbox now... 🙂

Anon
Not applicable
Not quite true; I've been texting radio stations on a regular basis but, since my last top up a day ago, I have lost that facility. This looks like a change in company policy so a change of company may be on the cards. Restrictive policies and a cumbersome top up system are beginning to take their toll.

Are you sure that you managed to text radio stations on PSMS numbers - i.e. 5XXXX? 

If so then that seems very surprising to me because as far as I know 48 simply don't allow sending of texts to PSMS/5XXXX numbers at all.

If you did manage this then could it have been through something like Apple iMessage rather than the carrier network?

MeabhaG5915
Newcomer
I totally agree with you. I doubt very much it's not available to customers to protect them from running up their costs! The customer can put credit on their account and spend as they wish. More likely 48's systems aren't up to managing it! And they deliberately don't make you aware of this before you go and change your provider!

MeabhaG5915
Newcomer