cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 3G only 2G(edge)

jasonm95
Visitor

I got a new phone for christmas, signed up for guido plan, all internet settings are correct, my phone will connect to 2G, when I switch to 3G my phone loses signal9coverage) and when I switch back to 2G everything is fine again. I'm not sure whether it is a problem on 48's side or my phone 

24 REPLIES 24

I'll look into that, will ask the devs on XDA to see if it is a known problem with their rom.

Thanks 🙂

I found some advice on XDA that said to force phone to use WCDMA only, when I did this I lose signal completely just the same as when I switch the toggle from 2g to 3g, I have tried a factory reset and that did not help either. It could be the coverage in my area but I dont have another phone to test the mobile internet with. 

We do have 3 mobile broadband and that always has a H signal 

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Possibly a problem with the RIL (Radio Interface Layer) installed by the Rom? Does another Rom work ok?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I will try and reflash the radios or maybe do another full factory reset to see if the 3g works on stock

i reflashed the radio, now I cannot connect to mobile internet at all, and previous issue is still there (switch to 3G- no coverage)

hey, I reflashed the radio for the N4, restet etc, it seemed to not solve problem as I was in school all day, was getting edge everywhere, went out to bus stop 50m behind school.....H+,,,ended up there is really sh**ty internet reception in my area on 48/02

Anon
Not applicable

What I find handy is to go onto comreg and see where the nearest 3G tower is to you. http://www.askcomreg.ie/mobile/siteviewer.273.LE.asp

at my school there is an 02 mast in the village GSM/UMTS, still only getting a 2G signal in the school building...must be the old walls, outside at the bus stop can get weak H+ signal, closest mass to my house is a UMTS mast operated by Three...

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi jasonm95

Although you did have a separate issue with speeds on your Nexus 4 prior...

There has been a steady trickle of people who are reporting Data issues (loss of*) on 48 currently...you may be experiencing this now also (?)

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

(If needed, log a help request)

🙂

my 2g was woking up until yesterday evening which seems to be the case with others here,