cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Number From O2

robotross
Newcomer

Hi. I went through the process of porting my number from O2 billpay. It hasn't been 2 hours yet but I was given an 089 number in the meantime. I'm just wondering if that's standard and if the number will change to my old number once the porting request goes through? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

It's normal to get an 089 number with a new 48 SIM.

However if your number is porting then I think it should say so when you log into your online account.

If it doesn't say this but lists the 089 number then there may be an issue.

If this is the case or if it takes more than 2 hours you should log a support query to get 48 support to assist:

How do I keep my old number?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

It's normal to get an 089 number with a new 48 SIM.

However if your number is porting then I think it should say so when you log into your online account.

If it doesn't say this but lists the 089 number then there may be an issue.

If this is the case or if it takes more than 2 hours you should log a support query to get 48 support to assist:

How do I keep my old number?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Cool. I went through the porting process again and it now says "transfer in progress" so hopefully that should sort it. Thanks for your help.

Great - hope you get sorted soon.