cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet add ons and membership

Anon
Not applicable

What happens if your membership runs out after you have bought an internet add on? Will I still be able to use the remaining data on the add on or will I have to renew my membership first?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi rory166745

In short... an active membership is required to utilize the service. So No- your Internet will not work...you would need to purchase another membership.

🙂

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi rory166745

In short... an active membership is required to utilize the service. So No- your Internet will not work...you would need to purchase another membership.

🙂

But if I get my membership then will the extra data carry over?

An add-on lasts a month from the date that it is bought on.

A membership last a month from the date that it is bought on.

If the dates are not the same then there will be a period during which the add-on data allowance is combined with the membership data allowance.

However neither add-on nor membership allowances carry over beyond the applicable monthly validity period.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Yeah thanks 🙂

Hi,

I have another question on this: I just bought an internet add-on and my new Membership will start on 21st, so I suppose part of the add-on will be left; so I will have, as an example, half a giga by my add on and one by my membership, will the system use before my add-on or the membership?

The add-on will last a month from the date of purchase.

It may also be extended until 21st August depending on when you buy the new membership. See here but I still don't fully understand the change:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Techie-Updates/Our-website-is-evolving/m-p/26975#M2112

I think when you have an internet add-on and a membership data allowance then the add-on gets used first but I'm not sure. You might want to clarify with 48 support and maybe post back here with what they say?

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.