cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imesg problems

shardylan01
Visitor
For about 2 weeks now I've had waiting on activation & I can't seem to receive or send iMessages .Have been onto Apple who are blaming everyone and anyone and are being no help
I've tried resetting and factory restore and still no joy .Anyone any idea ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Apple and their stupid activation system strikes again - one of the most common sources of problems for iPhone users here (and presumably on other networks too...). 😐

Have you had any cash credit on your account over that time?

Apple iPhone/iMessage/FaceTime activation can involve the automatic sending of a UK SMS message which on 48 costs 25c charged from your cash credit balance.

If you don't have cash credit on your account then the process will not be able to send this SMS message.

If that doesn't help then try an iTunes sync as that sometimes does it.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

12 REPLIES 12

shardylan01
Visitor
Yeah I never had this problem until recently .Posdible update (not sure) but it just started that my husband wasn't getting imesgs from me .
Yeh when I tried to get support they wanted €28 for a call but I was on Twitter all day and they had just scheduled a call (free) when I tried what you suggested

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
€28 for a support call?
Sounds like a complete ripoff to me.
Glad you got it sorted without having to pay for that.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

shardylan01
Visitor
Yep that's what they charge of your phone is out of warranty .The call from Twitter was free ,I wouldn't be paying them for a call .Thanks again