cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop the mmsc port resetting itself! I need it blank & it keeps coming up with 80 in box.

estherf
Visitor
I have a Lumia 630. I can't receive picture msgs. I have been told I need to have gateway in msn settings at 8080 & mmsc port blank. Everytime I do this & power off, it goes back to saying 80 in mmsc port. After lots of screen shots sent & different variations tried with support, they are at a loss. Any suggestions?
17 REPLIES 17

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

I don't know what you mean by "msn settings" and "mmsc port" but the MMS port setting must be 8080.

See here:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

estherf
Visitor
Sry, didn't explain well & I can't see anything in your link to help. I have been told by support that in mms APN settings I need to set wap gateway port at 8080 & leave mmsc port blank, each time I do this & go back in it has 80 in the mmsc port. I was also asked to try other way round, leaving wap gateway port blank & putting 8080 in mmsc port, same problem, the 80 reappeared in wap gateway. Which ever port I leave blank then save has 80 in it when I go back in & support say this is the issue but no idea how to rectify it? (it says mmsc port in my settings not mms port) thanks again.

You mean 48 support told you this?

I'm surprised because the settings that I linked to have worked for every phone that I have ever configured.

Admittedly no Windows phones though so maybe they have special requirements.

If specific fields that need configuration or to be left unconfigured but keep resetting themselves to defaults then I don't know what the problem is and you should probably continue discussing this with support if you have a ticket open already.

Did you try it (i.e. MMS functionality) even if one or more of the settings reverts to default rather than blank? Maybe even if the field is not blank the APN will work?

Did you try the online configurator already?

http://48months.tweakker.com/choose/Nokia/Lumia%20630

Or these guides for Windows phones?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

For what it's worth here's the Vodafone guide for configuring the Lumia 520 APN for MMS.

I presume that if you follow this but use the 48 values instead of the Vodafone values then things should work?

http://deviceguides.vodafone.ie/web/nokia-lumia-520/basic-use/picture-messaging/set-up-your-phone-fo...

Hope this helps.

estherf
Visitor
Yes 48 support. I have ticket open, but have been told that they have no idea why the gateway port keeps showing setting to 80 instead of remaining blank. The windows 8 guide link is exactly what I need this phone to do but it won't! I have tried online configuration already. 48 support have said they have run out of suggestions & use watsapp instead!
I save, power off & re try pic messaging every time I tried a suggested settings option, but no joy.

When you say "retry pic messaging" do you mean send or receive?

Remember that for both you will need a data allowance as part of your membership or a data add-on.

And to send MMS you will need cash credit to cover the cost - 30c each.

If specific fields keep resetting to default then I would expect that to do no harm if everything else is configured correctly.

Other than that I don't really know.

Maybe you can Google for others with a similar experience and hopefully an answer?

Do you know anybody else with a Windows/Lumia phone that is working for MMS on 48 to look at their settings?

Sorry I can't really offer any other advice right now...

estherf
Visitor
Both, send & receive. I have data and added credit. I will have to keep investigating, it's a strange one alright! I may just have to live without pictures in my texts! I have a few friends on 48, will see if they have windows phones. Thanks a mill for your help.

Do you have a separate internet APN (I think that on Windows phones you need to configure separate internet and MMS APNs unlike on Android and maybe iOS?)?

Does normal internet access work?

Is data and data roaming enabled?

Apologies if you have done this already but ... can you configure both as described here and if anything that should be blank insists on resetting to some non blank default then just let it:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Windows-8-Phones-internet-and-mms-settings/m-p/4210#faq_no...

Then try again?

Maybe other posts in that thread will help?

estherf
Visitor
Yes, separate internet APN & internet access works no problem. I have just tried again from your link, no joy sending or receiving mms. Am going to go through threads that may help & google again.