cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting pissed off

Anon
Not applicable
Christ almighty why didn't I know about the hassle and future brain haemorrhages associated with joining this bloody network. First off I order a micro sim and of course it doesn't work because I only find out after it arrives that I must first unlock my phone. However at this stage I've inserted the sim into my phone and registered my account online and it cancels my account with Vodafone. Of course the sim doesn't work so I order a new one and all the while waiting for it I'm out of a phone as I have no service provider. Sim arrives 3 days later and lo and behold it's a ******* regular 'ol sim that is too bloody big for an iPhone. Guess it's my own fault for thinking vodafone were the only network who don't give a **bleep**e about their customers' problems. Will this ever get sorted or should I just go crawling back and ask for forgiveness from a network that yes, don't care about me and are impossible to deal with, but at least WORK or stay trying with 48 in the off-chance that you shower might pull something out of the bag and facilitate a prospective customer?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anon
Not applicable

Hi mcrust.

I am sorry to hear you've been having some difficulties.

First off, we have a list of FAQ's that would inform you of the standard practice of switching networks.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/bd-p/faq

When switching to 48, or to any network, it is standard that your old sim will cancel.

Also, you didn't specify what didn't work about your newly ordered Sim.

Was your phone unlocked? Had you followed all the guidelines shown online?

Also, the replacement sim you ordered can be cut down to a microsim size in phone shops such as car phone warehouse. If you don't want to wait for another few days then that's the best option. It is often free of charge or 1 or 2 euro.

Also, 48 do care about their customers. I suggest that you read all the steps and guidelines before changing to the network, as it is a simple and hassle-free process once it is done correctly.

Until then, I hope your new 48 sim will work, and if you read the steps properly then I see no reason why you should have a problem.

Yours sincerely

Camille

Community Helper

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2

Anon
Not applicable
Now it says my account has been deactivated and I can't even order another sim. WTF????

Anon
Not applicable

Hi mcrust.

I am sorry to hear you've been having some difficulties.

First off, we have a list of FAQ's that would inform you of the standard practice of switching networks.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/bd-p/faq

When switching to 48, or to any network, it is standard that your old sim will cancel.

Also, you didn't specify what didn't work about your newly ordered Sim.

Was your phone unlocked? Had you followed all the guidelines shown online?

Also, the replacement sim you ordered can be cut down to a microsim size in phone shops such as car phone warehouse. If you don't want to wait for another few days then that's the best option. It is often free of charge or 1 or 2 euro.

Also, 48 do care about their customers. I suggest that you read all the steps and guidelines before changing to the network, as it is a simple and hassle-free process once it is done correctly.

Until then, I hope your new 48 sim will work, and if you read the steps properly then I see no reason why you should have a problem.

Yours sincerely

Camille

Community Helper