Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Can't send/receive SMS; no internet + can't save APN

Newcomer
‎23-12-2019 06:11 PM

Hi!
I've used 48months for years with different phones without issues. I now put my card in an unlocked used Samsung A320FL (2017).
I am connected to a network (currently "02 -de | 48", as travelling in Germany, tried different Networks as well, like "Telekom | 48").
My data roaming is on. 
I have reset the APN settings, and tried to enter the APN settings as recommended . However, as soon as I edit the MCC to 272 (instead of 207), and hit "save" the whole APN disappears. 
I have hence entered the APN without the MCC, but that didn't help, the settings were then as follows:
APN: 48months.liffeytelecom.com
MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19
MMS Port: 8080
MCC: 206 (everytime I try to change this, the whole APN disappears)
MNC: 01 (everytime I try to change this, the whole APN disappears)
APN Type: default,mms,supl (I tried * as well)

I can also not receive or send any text messages, even though I have set the SMSC to +353894300000 (it was set to sth else).
I've tried to send the tweakker settings to my phone but they don't come through. 

I've done a hard reset of the phone and tried everything above again. I've also restarted multiple times (like after reentering settings).

I'd appreciate any help Smiley Happy  I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm not in Ireland at the moment, but have no issues with other phones so I'm clueless, also cause I'm connected to a 48 network.

Many thanks!
Lisa

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Can't send/receive SMS; no internet + can't save APN

The Legend
‎23-12-2019 10:22 PM
I think you're going to need to contact 48 support for help with this.
See the link in my signature below.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
1 Like
Highlighted

Re: Can't send/receive SMS; no internet + can't save APN

Newcomer
‎24-12-2019 05:18 AM

Thanks a mil for the reply, I've done that now.
Didn't want to leave a stone unturned especially as I don't expect a quick response over the holidays...
Cheers!
Lisa

0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community