cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After a week my phone still wont work

Anon
Not applicable

Hi, is there anyone out there who can help me, or had anything like this happen to them??

I set up my account with 48 last Sat. and payed in my first €10 which went into my new account grand. I then logged in the 6 digit registration code, it then asked me for my old phone number which I most definitly need to keep. I then put in the new sim and my phone said sim error.

I tried the sim in my sisters phone and it worked fine I got a text delivered straight away with it. But when I put her Meteor or my old Meteor sim into my phone it says sim error.

I emailed 48 with my findings and asked them could they send me a Help Line phone number so I could talk to someone and maybe they could talk me through whatever was wrong, since then I have had an email from 48 saying that they don't have any phone number only emails and that my phone musn't be unlocked. So I brought it back to the shop that unlocked it for me 6 months ago when I moved to Meteor, they kept it for 5 days and every day they told me that they were having problems with my 48 sim card, that they had every other carrier's sim working in it. The guy in the shop even had his 48 sim working in it (I saw him working it) But when he put my 48 sim in and I put the sim pin in, the phone is saying No Service and its doing it with every sim I have tried since.

Can anyone HELP.    

7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

48 support is online only so there is no number that you can call to talk to somebody.

If you log into your online account what does it say - in particular does it list your ported number and show no errors about your SIM registration?

Assuming that the SIM was registered/activated properly it sounds like it may be faulty in which case you might want to try another one:

Need to swap your SIM?

All you need to know about SIMs

If necessary contact 48 support here:

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

Hi Dalyer, thanks for taking the time to try and help me out.

You asked when I log in does it list my { ported } number, what is my ported number do you mean my phone number, becaus it does list my phone number ok 

My sim was registered/activated properly and my account looks fine in every way that I can see. But the more I think about it the shurer I am that its a screwy sim. When the unlock shop had my phone they tried all the other main carriers sim cards and that they all worked I saw the guy in the shop receive a text on it when he put in his own 48 sim into it.

But as soon as I put my 48 sim in, the phone shuts down and says SIM FAILED to every sim I have tried since. So its back to the unlock shop for Dessie tomorrow and give them more money, this changing over to 48 isn't saving me money its getting very expencive. Jesus if only I could get into a time machine!!!!!!!!!!!!      

By "ported number" I mean the number that you previously used on another network and asked to be ported over to 48. It sounds like this is the number listed on your account so the number porting has happened OK?

It does sound like your 48 SIM could be dodgy and need replacement but it's difficult to say for sure.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I registered with you on the 5th of january and my phone has no service since. I have 20 euro credit and cant use it.

Can you relase my mobile 

@dalyer wrote:

By "ported number" I mean the number that you previously used on another network and asked to be ported over to 48. It sounds like this is the number listed on your account so the number porting has happened OK?

It does sound like your 48 SIM could be dodgy and need replacement but it's difficult to say for sure.

as I'm moving to another provider and want to keep my same number. you are telling me my sim is dodgy and you don't seem to be doing anything about it.this is very frustrating as you dont have any contact number and i can't speak to you.

I don't work for 48 - I just help out here.

The reply that you quote above is nothing to do with your query and was in reponse to another query from another poster earlier.

If you are having a problem then contact 48 support:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

If you want to move to another provider then you should be able to ask the new provider to port your number over to their service.

Hope this helps.

joeydineen11
Newcomer

Canyou help me please as since i have joined with ye i have no service on my phone

Did you register/activate your SIM?

Can you log into your online account? Does it show any error messages?

Is the phone unlocked for use on any network?

What sort of phone is it?

If it's an iPhone then it may need activation on the network by having at least 25c cash credit on your account and/or using an iTunes sync.

Did you enable data roaming?

What happens when you manually scan for networks on the phone?

Can you see and connect to 48 or O2?

Do you get any signal at all?

Can you receive texts/calls?

Did you buy a membership?

Hope this helps.