cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming outside EU/Anglosphere

EamonnO0288
Newcomer

Are there any plans to increase roaming partnerships outside of EU/USA/CA/AU/NZ (https://48.ie/charges/roaming)?

I don't mind not having data as I can always get a local SIM for that but having no way of getting calls or texts is highly annoying. Especially considering other MVNOs (Tesco, Virgin and Lyca) do offer this service.

I went before to Mexico only to find out there were no roaming partners there for 48 leaving me without a way to receive two factor authentication text messages.

The only way I can get around this is to move my number to another provider or get an old phone that I leave in Ireland to forward calls and texts to another number with another provider (i.e Three or Vodafone etc).

2 REPLIES 2

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

I doubt that anybody here will be able to answer your questions. You'll most likely need to contact 48 support and ask them. See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Yeah I had before and this was the response.

• Would like to inform that we provide services where we have roaming partners, if your roaming in a country where we don't have roaming partners, in this case your 48 SIM will not work there. In such cases we advise our customers to get a local SIM card from there while roaming. We also don't support WiFi Calling with 48. 

You can check the list of the countries that we support roaming in using the below link on the website. 

https://48.ie/charges/roaming

Nothing I didn't already know bit of a shame they've no plans to increase it as I think they haven't increased their roaming partners since at least 2015. While 48's parent company Three does allow for roaming in lots of countries.