cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivating inactive SIM after 2 years away?

Hello,

I was wondering if it's possible to renew an inactive SIM card? I am an international student and I've spent some time in Ireland 2 years ago and had an 48.ie SIMcard. Obviously I've deactivated that after leaving Ireland, however I will shortly be returning for an extended period of time. Can I renew the SIM card or even just the phone number or should I just purchase an entirely new one? 

Many thanks!

K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

I doubt that you can reactivate such an old SIM at this stage.

And the number that was associated with it has almost certainly been recycled/reused.

You can contact 48 support to ask them if they can reactivate the SIM.

See the links in my signature below.

But I suspect that it'll be simpler to just get a new SIM and set up again from scratch on 48.

See the Starting with 48 FAQs:

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

1 REPLY 1

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

I doubt that you can reactivate such an old SIM at this stage.

And the number that was associated with it has almost certainly been recycled/reused.

You can contact 48 support to ask them if they can reactivate the SIM.

See the links in my signature below.

But I suspect that it'll be simpler to just get a new SIM and set up again from scratch on 48.

See the Starting with 48 FAQs:

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.