cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gift a topup by Debit card

dashingdastard
Newcomer

Hey, 

Im introducing a friend to 48 [via Mates Rates] but he's having trouble finding a place to buy Top up. Ive told him about the PayZone deal but his local shop doesnt actually carry 48 credit.

As he's not sure about reception etc, he doesnt want to be registering cards before testing the network.

If I get him started with a debit card topup by my debit card;

Q1 - Will I have to pay any fee?

Q2 - Will this mess with my mates rate bonus?

Also,

Why are all the places I once bought credit with no fee, now charging 50c even if its a €20 voucher?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

1amcn
Rock Star

To Add...

I believe the extra 50c is a surcharge subject only to the business supplying the Payzone facilities...

It isint favoured from by those who used voucher top-up's as the main source to load credit, and as stated in the OP, it seems more and more businesses are adding the surcharge to the voucher cost...

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
If you buy a membership for him or do a cash credit topup via the gift shop then you won't post anything other than the cost of whatever you purchase.

I don't think it'll affect the mates rates bonus but read the FAQ if you're not sure.

Don't know about the topup voucher charge question. You'd need to contact 48 support and ask them about that.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

1amcn
Rock Star

To Add...

I believe the extra 50c is a surcharge subject only to the business supplying the Payzone facilities...

It isint favoured from by those who used voucher top-up's as the main source to load credit, and as stated in the OP, it seems more and more businesses are adding the surcharge to the voucher cost...

Did that help at all?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Apologies guys, I thought id replied / accepted these remarks. Thanks for the quick replies

Glad it helped.

johnb7767
Newcomer
Mastercard

@johnb7767 wrote:
Mastercard

You'll need to post a bit more info if you want assistance from the community forum. E.g. a detailed description of your issue, any error messages etc.