cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't text paid (premium SMS/5xxxx) number

terryb6231
Visitor

Hi,

Im trying to text a paid number and my texts no longer work, obviously because I have run out of money or something.

My account says I have unlimeted calls and text still and non-paid texts work fine. So thinking its a money issue, I topped up my account by €10 and even bought a voice addon, but nothing works. I still cannot text it.

Any ideas how I get this working.

And yes, its been turned off and on again already 🙂

6 REPLIES 6

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What exactly do you mean by a "paid number"?

If you mean a premium SMS 5xxxx number then 48 don't support the sending of texts to such numbers: 

Other than 50048 for automated APN settings: 

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the links in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

terryb6231
Visitor

Yes a premium number 5xxxx.

I have been texting using 48 just fine for the last few weeks until recently, so 48 do support it. Which I see contradicts what they are saying in your links.

Obviously, it eats up credit balance, which I believe is the problem here. Its a bit annoying you can't just add additional credit and continue on your way.

I guess I will have to wait until the next month kicks in.

I don't understand.

Are you saying that you were previously successfully texting to 5xxxx numbers? 

That doesn't make sense because 48 specifically state that texts to these numbers are not supported and do not work (other than 50048).

What specific numbers did you text successfully?

What credit balance are you referring to above?

I don't think that membership plan renewal is going to help at all here.

You should probably contact 48 support about this.

See the links in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

terryb6231
Visitor

yes I have previously been sucessfully texting premium numbers. I would only text every now and again, so not spamming them obviusly.

it only stopped because I think it eventually used up all my €10 credit. The annoying thing is that they dont allowe you to top it up and get on with your life...

Thats my experience at least.

Thanks. That's very strange given that they explicitly state that texts cannot be sent to premium SMS 5xxxx numbers.

But you're the second person to recently report that this did work, although the other report related to a free 5xxxx number operated by Met Éireann:

I would suggest that you contact 48 support to try to get clarity on this issue. 

See the links in my signature below.

terryb6231
Visitor

Yeah support says they are looking into providing support as other customer have requested it.

They said if it worked before it must have been a technical glitch, that was possibly fixed. So not working anymore.