cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I port number out but keep 48 SIM with different number?

karlc6628
Newcomer

Simple enough question, I'm with 48a king time now but work are giving me a work contract. I obviously want to keep the number I have had my whole life so will port it.

Can I get a new number on my 48 sim and keep my current plan? I was thinking as a back up, data, etc.

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

I don't think so. 

I think that the only way would be to start with a brand new SIM, account, email address etc. 

Which would mean only being able to get the €12.99 plan (I presume that you're using an older and cheaper one and you want to retain eligibility for that?).

But contact 48 to see if they can help here perhaps? 

See the links in my signature below.

Why doesn't your job give you a new number for work use only rather than hijacking your personal number?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

karlc6628
Newcomer

They would give me a new number but Im using this one 30 years including for work. Its just a move the company is doing in finally recognising our phones are being used for work. They are a fairly slow backwards organisation

What did 48 support say about the possibility of porting your number away from 48 your employer's provider but you keeping your 48 SIM/account but with a new 089 number? Is that possible?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.