The new "roam like at home" rule.

Newcomer
‎02-07-2022 02:53 AM

Hello everybody!

The "roam like at home" rule has recently been passed for Europe, and I wondered if anyone knew anything about how this will, if at all, affect us. What does it mean for us, will it mean the data we have in Ireland will be available in Europe aswell? As in for example that if I have the 100GB plan, will I have 100GB abroad in Europe? And if so, when will it be put into effect?

Thanks in advance.

Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes

Re: The new "roam like at home" rule.

The Legend
‎02-07-2022 09:47 AM

https://48.ie/charges/roaming

When travelling to Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Channel Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Antilles, Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Isle of Man, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mayotte and Reunion, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden & UK.​

If you opted into The Guido or 100GB or All Data membership then you can make and receive calls, and send and receive text messages in the same way you do when at home in the Republic of Ireland. Similarly, you can also use some of your data allowance while roaming in the countries listed above. Click here for details.​

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes

Re: The new "roam like at home" rule.

Visitor
‎27-08-2022 10:03 AM
This is not 100GBs ita 10GBs also where is 4G for europe . So yeah 48 does not comply with the roam like at home rule the 10GBs is ok but no 4G? Cant wait till 3G shuts down only calls and texts outside of ireland
Posted from Motorola Moto G9 Play
0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Top Discussions
Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community