cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new "roam like at home" rule.

DanielS5372
Newcomer

Hello everybody!

The "roam like at home" rule has recently been passed for Europe, and I wondered if anyone knew anything about how this will, if at all, affect us. What does it mean for us, will it mean the data we have in Ireland will be available in Europe aswell? As in for example that if I have the 100GB plan, will I have 100GB abroad in Europe? And if so, when will it be put into effect?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

https://48.ie/charges/roaming

When travelling to Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Channel Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Antilles, Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Isle of Man, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mayotte and Reunion, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden & UK.​

If you opted into The Guido or 100GB or All Data membership then you can make and receive calls, and send and receive text messages in the same way you do when at home in the Republic of Ireland. Similarly, you can also use some of your data allowance while roaming in the countries listed above. Click here for details.​

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

StanZ2077
Visitor
This is not 100GBs ita 10GBs also where is 4G for europe . So yeah 48 does not comply with the roam like at home rule the 10GBs is ok but no 4G? Cant wait till 3G shuts down only calls and texts outside of ireland