cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random acts of kindness

marionh
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

It seems that today is a (unofficial) Random Acts of Kindness Day at least in the US, but I want to list some random kind acts anyways as you can always do these things despite your location and cheer up someone's day.

Reply here to suggest random acts of kindness - they could be anything that would make someone feel good, here's some examples:

• Smile at a stranger
  • Write a compliment on a post-it note and leave it somewhere for a random person to find (what would you write??)
  • Obviously I have to mention this! Give a top up to a friend
  • Pay for random person's pint when you're at the pub

What else could we add to the list?

random acts of kindness random acts of kindness

7 REPLIES 7

Anon
Not applicable

Today as I was waiting in line for the bus, a young woman with two young children was struggling to fold up her buggy and keep hold of the two children.
It was pouring rain and the kids weren't very well dressed for the weather.. everyone was staring and I was so annoyed no one was doing anything so I went over and asked if she needed help and she plonked the baby on my hip. I was sorta thinking i'd help with the buggy but that's what she wanted me to do! Felt good helping a stranger, and I just hoped the people watching felt a little bad they didnt do anything!

@camsterr wrote:

I went over and asked if she needed help and she plonked the baby on my hip. I was sorta thinking i'd help with the buggy but that's what she wanted me to do! 

Ha ha - that exact thing happened to me a while ago and I was delighted that the mother was not paranoid about handing her baby over to a (male) stranger like so many people seem to be these days... Man LOL

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

We must have very friendly faces 😄

Anon
Not applicable
have you guys seen the video from South Africa?

dude just drives around handing out free lunch n stuff. hell of a lot better than that necknomination **bleep**.

Anon
Not applicable

How can you even compare that to necknominations.. 😛 necknominations are just drinking dares they're arent anything to do with random acts of kindness..

Hey rememeber when we gave the homeless guy a packet of frosties Nubus? 😉

Remember when we all gave some homeless guys a donation?

48 and the PMV Trust (www.pmvtrust.ie)

Man LOL

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

I had an unwanted pack of frosties, so I gave it to him!
It seemed to me he wished it was cocaine but Nbus seems to think he appreciated it 😛