cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet

caitlincarolan
Newcomer
I have just topped up about a week ago and have been using wifi, and I got a text from 48 saying my Internet will soon run out!??
5 REPLIES 5

Anon
Not applicable

By any chance did you have your mobile data switched on? Anytime you lose wifi connection, it'll automatically switch to mobile data connection unless it is fully switched off.. maybe you left the house with it left on and it was downloading backround data?
if you are on the Guido deal, you only have 1gb internet which is easy to use up, especially if it's constantly running backround tasks on your apps (updates etc).

If you really didnt have your mobile data turned on and were only using wifi, then it's very odd it's all used up! You should send a message to one of the online agents on here, as long as you know you had your mobile data switched off.

caitlincarolan
Newcomer
Yeah my mobile data is on now but the Internet has only worked when I was using wifi..

Anon
Not applicable

So you are certain it was off completely since you bought your membership?
If that's the case you should lodge a ticket and ask what happened!

Anon
Not applicable

I also found a post with a similar problem as yours, and I found Dayler's (super techie) answer!

"You'll need to log a support request to get 48 to look into this for you and see how/where your data was being used up.

How to get help

You might also be able to monitor data usage on your phone if iOS has some sort of data meter built in or via an app. There may even be apps that can tell you which apps are using most data.

Hope this helps.

Edit: bear in mind that using the phone for a hotspot with something like a tablet/laptop/PC connected may use lots more data than just for the apps that you are actively using (e.g. Facebook, email) as there can be a lot of automatic background traffic as well."

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

@caitlincarolan wrote:
I have just topped up about a week ago and have been using wifi, and I got a text from 48 saying my Internet will soon run out!??

What does your online account say about your membership status, expiry date and data balance?

Remember that topping up is not the same as buying membership.

Sounds like your internet is not actually working in which case (a) I don't understand the message ether and (b) you should follow all of the steps here to get it working:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Samsung-Galaxy-phones-internet-settings/m-p/13363#M4013

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.