cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 8 "SIM no longer supported" after s/w update

MarcS9653
Visitor

Hi all, long time user, first time poster. Just noticed my 48 SIM card all of a sudden has no connection. Tried restarting the phone to no avail. Also double checked the apn settings. All seems to be in order. My wife also has a 48 SIM card and hers is connected to 4G data and can makes calls/texts. I'm using a pixel 8. Any ideas how I can troubleshoot this?

13 REPLIES 13

It could be that the issue is due to the baseband firmware that interfaces to mobile radio hardware and this doesn't get updated by a third party custom ROM such as GrapheneOS.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

You may be right. I'm hoping I don't have to wait for another update from google. Hopefully the 48 team can help (will report back here if I hear back anything useful or get it resolved). Also ordered the replacement SIM. I still have my old oneplus 6T which I am using as a backup (the 48 sim works perfectly in it).

Just a quick update. Unfortunately, I have been ping-ponged between 48 and pixel support a fair bit with no progress. I received a new replacement sim card, but made no difference. Google pixel support keeps claiming a new software update will be released "soon" or "within the next few days", but I am not sure!

Sorry to hear that you've made no progress. 

Hopefully Google do issue an update that fixes the problem soon.

Did they explain what the problem is and if/how the previous software update caused problems?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.