cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong number appearing on outgoing text messages

ANTHONYM4664
Newcomer

I switched from Vodafone to 48 and my old phone number was successfully ported to my new account. However, when I send a text, the new phone number is showing. I went into Message Settings, RCS chats and I can see SIM1 with the old phone number. Turning on and off RCS chats doesn't change anything. I changed the phone number in the Advanced Settings but the old number still shows in RCS chats.

2 REPLIES 2

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Is the correct number displayed on your My48 account?

If people call or text your number does that work? 

Does the correct number appear when you call someone else? 

So it's only outgoing text messages that show the wrong number? 

If you're using Android what happens if you go to the messaging app and something like Message Settings > Advanced> Phone Number? 

Can you set that and rectify the problem? 

I didn't think that 48 supports RCS so any settings for that may be irrelevant. 

Check if there's anywhere else that the wrong number might be set in any phone or app settings. 

If you clear the cache and/or data for the messaging app does that make any difference?

If all else fails you may need to try a factory reset to clear everything back to defaults.

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the links in my signature below.

But this sounds more like a phone than a 48 network/account issue so they may not be able to help.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

If it's a Samsung Galaxy phone maybe this will help? 

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.